Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is really hard for John and I, we both have lost our mothers in the last few years. Our father's along time ago. We are orphans no matter how old we are, I miss my mom very much and with my younger brother gone also sometimes it is almost unbearable. Her birthday Mother's Day, Christmas and the day she passed are the worst. She was living with me the last year of her life and I totally enjoyed having her there. We talked about so many things and why somethings had happened to us. It answered questions we all have about out parents growing up but never think to ask. She was a wonderful person, very passive but I was trying to teach her to be mean but she was a lovely lady. Definitely a lady.

Mother's Day started out good. I slept in without anyone trying to wake me. My last daughter (first granddaughter) made pancakes for my breakfast and they were great. I watched my favorite movie-Jaws-and then went swimming. The pool was a bit chilly and the wind was coming up. I had my husband turn up the heater on the pool because the weather next week is only going to be in the 80's. I pulled some more weeds and tried to take a nap but I got into the stupidest or dumbest but it sure held my interest. Worked on my quilts and my facebook. My family was cooking me chinese for dinner but it was so spicy I couldn't eat it so I warmed up left overs. I am so sick, I have been poisoned by food.

When I was on facebook today, I discovered a cousin of mine had lied to me. I hate liars-I just took her off my family list. We have such a small family why can't everyone just tell the truth family shouldn't make judgements none of us are prefect especially in my family.

Friday will be my oldest daughters birthday, Julianne will be 40 and it sounds awful. Mothers we must survive getting older. How awful!

I am working on a new quilt and trying to get my next oldest granddaughter to make up her mind on the material. We need 20 different shades of colors for the Jewel Box (type of quilt) and she has picked 2 so far. Class is the week of the 17th so we have to move along, but she is in California and I keep pic texting on my cell phone. It is going to be a long couple of weeks but when it is done I will put it on line.

No comments:

Post a Comment